Join The Team
So you want to work in gin…! Many thanks for your interest in what we do and being curious about us. We are always looking for talented people to join the Gin Foundry team. The Gin category is one of the most rewarding, inclusive and diverse in the drinks industry.
From Distilling, Graphic Design, Photography and Film Editing, to Editorial and even Event Work – there are many opportunities for those with skills and a passion for all things juniper-laced. For Gin Foundry, everything we do is created in-house and so we are constantly seeking to collaborate with and incorporate new talent into our projects.
We will post any job openings on this page but if nothing is below, please contact Emile@ginfoundry.com, to register your interest and he will be in touch should anything relevant be on the horizon.
If you are looking for a job in the Gin industry in general – take a look at our news section as we will publish news of any job openings for distilleries there.
– UP-Dated ON THE 5th September 2017 –
We’re looking for a budding graduate ready to take on a challenge and fast-track their career to Junior Designer level.
Gin Foundry has many projects throughout the calendar year, as well as consultancy work for several client-led projects each quarter. The workflow is incredibly fast moving, giving you a 360 view on a variety of roles within the graphic and experiential design sector of Food & Drink.
Responsibilities will include designing page layouts and covers for print publications, creating graphics ranging from digital assets to poster work and experiential signage, art work for adverts, presentation and pitch work development, producing visual content of the highest standard on behalf of clients and assisting the Art Director with the continuous task of helping improve the aesthetic and creative direction of the site.
An Internship at Gin Foundry is not just a crash course into the world of gin, it’s an opportunity to further your career goals by learning as you go, applying skills to live projects, developing new ideas and learning new ways of working whilst doing so.
This is not a “tea making” kind of internship. The successful candidate will contribute to all aspects of our company and will be given the chance to make their mark.
Our promise is clear: To either be able to offer a full time position at the end of the four months, or to make sure that you have had clear mentorship, advice and guidance that has furthered your skill set and professional understanding and given you the chance to contribute in meaningful ways, thus providing your CV and confidence with a springboard towards a full time role elsewhere.
Candidates will work from our Fulham HQ, Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and will be directly managed by our Editor, Olivier Ward. This is a paid internship and we will provide a monthly stipend.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
– Be experienced at creating exciting, surprising and impactful designs.
– Be able to execute all visual design stages from concept to deployment.
– Have a strong understanding of and be highly adept at using the Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
– Have a keen food and drink interest.
– Be organised, efficient and an excellent communicator with a keen eye for detail.
– Be able to present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers.
– Communicate with printers to check and approve proofs.
– Be happy to work independently but also collaborate with others and work successfully as part of a larger creative team.
– BA in Graphic Design, Digital Design or related.
– Some relevant experience as a graphic designer.
– An impressive portfolio of projects and work.
– Basic HTML, CSS, and WordPress admin skills.
To apply – please send your CV and some examples of your work (a link to portfolio would be ideal) to: Olivier@GinFoundry.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Copyright © Gin Foundry